Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What Of Now?

5-12-14
Dearest family,
 
It was SO good to see your beautiful faces yesterday!
crazy to think there is snow up there! We're getting hot and humid down here YAY
 
I don't really know what to say since I just talked to you yesterday but I'll fill you in on a couple more things that happened.
 
We finished teaching Rosa the plan of Salvation and it was incredible! She was so intrigued by the spirit world and doing work for the dead. She never knew what happened to us after we die so for her it was new but it made sense to her. We showed her many scriptures and that really helped her. She was so fascinated because she kept saying "It's all right here and I never knew." We committed her to pray about it and promised her she would find the truth. She shared a neat experience with us that she had recently. Her daughter graduated last week and Rosa went to visit her. It was kind of a last minute rush to get everything done so she could graduate and Rosa told us that at one point she said a prayer with her daughter the way that we taught her. I was so glad to hear that! Rosa has come such a long way! She prays so beautifully! We invited her to church this week but she did not come. It's still the whole "but I'm catholic" thing. It's tradition and culture and it's hard for her to do anything else. Her faith is growing though and I'm so grateful to have the chance to help her with that.
 
We've seen so many blessings lately. The spirit has really been guiding us these past couple weeks. Whenever something falls through or we end up with an open time slot we pull over say a prayer and without fail the Lord always has somewhere for us to be. We've really been going through the old records in our area book and we've been able to find some really amazing potential investigators! We've been tracting a lot which in the summer is actually really great (even though i'm melting) because people have a lot more sympathy for you. They'll give you water and sometimes let you inside. It helps us have a chance to talk to people more. We're seeing so many small miracles lately. The Lord has really been placing us in the right places at exactly the right time. It's incredible!
 
We got a new investigator this week! Her name is Janica. She used to talk to the sisters a little but just got to be too busy. Well we talked to her for a bit and we were able to set up an appointment with her for this week! Hopefully I'll have more to update you on about her for next week!
 
Like I told you we dropped Dorisette last week but she actually called on Wednesday and wants us to come for a lesson this Wednesday. We'll see if there's anything more we can do for her.
 
We're meeting with Kevin our other new investigator today.
 
And that's about all my brain will bring to memory today.
 
Here's a funny story for ya.
So we were out tracting/contacting and we were walking past this pond. Well about maybe 40 yards from us were these ducks. Now the thing you have to understand is that every time we see ducks Sister Quist always warns me that almost every duck she has passed on her mission has started to chase her. Well none had started to chase us yet so we just laughed about it. Well now back to these ducks at this pond. The minute they saw us they bee lined/waddled towards us as fast as they could. It was the funniest looking think I've ever seen. Sister Quist started to freak out. I was just standing there in shock wondering if these ducks were really coming to chase us. Well they were. I just kind of stood there and they came up to me and just sort of started nipping at my skirt. Not very intimidating but really funny. So we just sort of power walked down the street and after a while they got too tired to attack us anymore. So i can't say that I've been chased by a dog yet but I have been chased by a duck.
 
Well it really was so good to see y'all yesterday! I love you so much and I'm so grateful for you!
I'm sad to be coming up on the end of my mission but I promise I'll work as hard as I can!
I have loved my mission so much and I wouldn't trade this time for anything.
This gospel is true! We are so blessed to know the truth.
I wanted to share this quote that I read the other day about our pre-earth life. I can't remember which prophet said it but I love it!
 
"I was there! The Prophet Joseph said I was there on that glorious day when the Father called all of his children into the great council. What a vast throng that must have been. The memory of that day is gone, obscured by the veil. But surely it must have been a time of great rejoicing, of overwhelming emotion. How did I feel, I wonder, when I watched Lucifer, son of the morning, step forward. “Here am I,” he said. “Send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind.” Everyone? Could that be possible? “One soul shall not be lost,” he boasted; then he added the condition for such a feat. “Surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor. "What my reaction was to such terrible audacity I cannot help but wonder. And what thoughts filled my heart when our Eldest Brother stepped forward with marked contrast in attitude and bearing. “Father, thy will be done,” he said. And the condition for this? “The glory be thine forever.” I was there and saw it all; and, according to the Prophet, I sanctioned it. I sanctioned the choosing and appointing of Jehovah as our Savior. When the rebellion erupted under Lucifer’s urging, how valiant was I in my stand? Did I sanction the Savior with heart as well as voice? The apostle John says the battle was won by the blood of the Lamb  and the word of their (the followers of Christ) testimony. Was my own testimony a weapon of power? Oh, how I long to remember, to pierce the veil and see myself in those premortal days. But wait. I stand now in the present. What of this day? Do I sanction my Savior here? The war is not yet over but merely moved to mortal battlegrounds. What of the weapon of testimony here? Do I wield it with power in His cause? Of what worth is previous valiance if I falter here? He is God, the Son of God. I sanctioned his appointment then. What of now?"
 
I love this quote! I've wondered that same thing so many times- what was I like in the pre mortal life and how strong was my testimony then? Well what does that matter if it isn't strong now, if I'm not valiant now?
 
Love you!
 
The Kingdom of God or nothing!
 
Love, Sister Gregson
Welcome to Texas

 

No comments:

Post a Comment