Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Workin' hard

Hey family!
 
Well another day of transfer calls has come and gone and it's official I'll be finishing my mission in Tomball with Sister Quist.
Tell mike and alisha I met Karen Riley and she is really awesome! and thanks for the package! You guys are the best!
Also Chelsea's friend Trevor took us to lunch!
 
We had a really good week! Things are starting to pick up and I hope it stays that way!
Kaylee is doing good. We asked her about talking to her mom about baptism and she told us that her mother said that she would like for her to wait until she's 18. I'm not really sure if that's true or if Kaylee is just really afraid to ask her mom but I don't think anything is going to progress as far as baptism until her older sister Esmerelda gets home from her mission.
Rosa is doing great, still hasn't come to church though.
 
We got 2 new investigators this week!
The first one is Lisa! She is this beautiful asian woman and when we told her who we were and that we wanted to share a message with her her immediate response was "YES! I am very interested. I'm busy now but please come back. I'm very interested."
Those kind of responses are the best! I love finding people who are already searching for truth, their hearts are always so humble and ready. She's going to be out of town on a buisness trip so we won't get to see her until the 28th but I'm really excited to share the gospel with her!
Then there's Keith. I may have told you about Keith before I'm not sure... but we met him at the beginning of the transfer so about 5 weeks ago. We knocked into him and he was really nice. He is an older, big, tall, spiritual guy who has had a really rough life. He's tried many different religions but never really felt at home in any of them. Well we have had brief short lessons with him every now and again since we met him but we never had a chance to just sit down and share with him any of the discussions because he's been so busy. Well we finally were able to meet with him on Saturday! We were able to have the lesson in a members home and we taught him the restoration. The spirit was powerful and he definitely felt it. He is so ready. At the end of the lesson he couldn't stop thanking us. He even tried to hug me which was really weird and awkward by the way... haha (don't worry I dodged him). He told us that his heart was so full. He called us later that day just to let us know that he felt so good all day and wasn't really sure what was going on but he knew it felt good (and also to apologize for trying to hug me). It was so funny!
We invited him to church and guess what?! He came! He asked to get off work early so he could come. He loved it. He asked questions in sunday school and even made some great comments. During the lesson he talked about how ever since we showed up on his door he's felt so good. He even volunteered to help the elders quorum with a service project. And after church we found him helping the teacher put away the materials he was using. It was as if he'd been here for years.
I am so excited to work with him more. I can't wait to see his testimony grow. I'm so grateful that we were able to find him.
 
Robin's family is still in town so we haven't been able to see her.
We saw travis again and he's still interested it's just a matter of actually finding a time to meet.
 
We're still working hard and hopefully we'll keep seeing miracles big and small.
It's hard to think that soon i won't be a missionary with a black name tag. I've been reflecting a lot on my mission and what i've learned and the person i've become. I am really going to miss it.
It has been one of my greatest joys in life to have the priviledge and opportuinity to serve the Lord here in the Texas Houston Mission.
This church truly is the only true and living church of that I have no doubt.
 
Love you all!
The Kindgom of God or nothing!
Love, Sister Gregson

No comments:

Post a Comment