Monday, July 28, 2014

The Best 18 Months FOR My Life!

7/21/14
​Dearest family,
 
how are y'all doing?
 
Well this week has been crazy but good!
 
We've been working hard to invite 25 people everyday, some days we reach it and other days we come close but we are trying as hard as we can!
One day we were able to invite 39 people! That was a huge miracle for us! We've had more opportunities to hand out Book of Mormons and at least teach people some of the basics of what we believe. We still don't have any new investigators but I hope that many seeds were planted.
 
We had a really good lesson with Keith this week on eternal families and temple work. He has already started doing family history with one of the members so we were excited to share with him why it's so important.
He had a really neat experience this week at work. He was working in the rock yard and he got to thinking about the church and all the things we've taught him and he told us that all the sudden he just had this really powerful spiritual confirmation that everything that we were teaching him was true. He said that it was so strong that he cried for about an hour and a half straight! He attended a baptism for another set of missionaries this week with us and he is so excited to get baptized. He wanted to jump in right there and then with the person getting baptized. Unfortunately Keith probably won't be getting baptized this coming Saturday because of some of the things in his past. Our mission president has to get special permission for him to be baptized and then hopefully interview him this week. I'm sad that I won't get to be there for his baptism but I'm just grateful I got to meet him and work with him and I know he'll be taken care of.
 
Kaylee is doing great as usual! She just started Alma! We're also going to start helping her with her personal progress because she really wants to finish it.
 
I can't believe this is my last week. Where did the time go?
I'm sad to come home but I know that there are good things to come.
I have loved my mission more that I know how to express and it has changed me in ways I cannot explain. I know I have said this before but it's so true, deciding to serve a mission was the best decision I've ever made in my life up to this point and these past 18 months have been the best 18 months for my life. This gospel is so wonderful and it gives us so much hope. This church is true and we are so fortunate to have it in our lives.
I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for all of your love, prayers and support!
 
The Kingdom of God or nothing!
Love,
Sister Gregson

No comments:

Post a Comment