Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Iz!

Today is a great day.
Why?
Because Izzy was born!

Izzy has been my best friend for as long as I can remember.
First day of school: 1st Grade
Graduation


 If there ever was an angel in my life it would be Izzy, she is has been with me through every part of my life.
She is the best up-the-street and around-the-corner friend you could ever have. 

Izzy,
. Words can't even express how grateful I am for you in my life. I have tried so many times to write and tell you how much I love you but honestly no words are enough to express my gratitude for you! What I love about you iz, is that you are constantly aware of others and always want to help.
 I know you'll always be there for me and if there's anyone in my life that I know will be there for me for forever it would be you! I know Heavenly Father placed you up the street from me for 20 years for a reason. He knew I would need you. Life without you would be very sad indeed. 
But seriously it would. 
You are my angel! Thank you for blessing my life with so much joy and laughter. Thank you for being there for me. You have been with me through good and bad.
Thank you for crying with me, for bringing me cookies, for laughing till we cried, for falling asleep at the end of Roman Holiday, for making a Ninja Orphan movie with me and Fever, for trying to speak with an Irish accent, for celebrating all our favorite holidays in one day, for having a mom who says things like "Kiss me my ancestors are French Huguenots" :), and of course for just plain being you.

 "God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs."


(PS Izzy, look what I found in my email archives! remember this?)
 "Izzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyy!
 I miss you so much but i am so happy this semester is almost over so i can spend 3 weeks at home just around the corner from you!

Ok so i thought of a funny memory hopefully you remember! if not hopefully this brings you joy!

So here I was popping some kettle corn popcorn in the microwave down our hall. I set it for 3 minutes and as I waited my mind began to wander...
(at this point you're probably thinking you know what memory i'm about to share... that time we burned the popcorn? But you are wrong!)
Anyways so my mind was wandering...
I was thinking about how much I love Kettle corn... which got me thinking about the first time I tasted Kettle corn...
I remember I was having a sleepover with Britton and she made some while we were watching a movie and ever since then i've been hooked. But that's not the story i was going to share either...
so after I thought of that I started to think of pancakes (not sure how that happened)
I tried to think of the first time I ever ate a Pancake which I was not successful in since I've been eating pancakes since forever...
Then I thought about a party me and Britty planned (I know what you're thinking -- why did emilee send me a message all about britton? But don't worry you come into the story soon enough. Patience young grasshopper)
So, party me and britty planned where we were going to have a theme and the theme was the letter "P"! Awesome theme eh? We were going to have all food that started with the letter 'p' Including... drum roll... pancakes! (see it all kind of connects)
So then I was thinking about parties and (here's where you come in) I thought about the big party we were going to have in elementary school! I remember it was going to be a water party.
The final thought (which is really the only one I wanted to share with you but where's the fun in that) was of this party and how we were going to save all the bags of Goldfish we got at  school lunch until the end of the year for our party so we could serve them at the party. Remember? those tiny bags of goldfish we would get hahaha! and we were going to save them up so we had a stash for the party! Why we didn't have our parents just buy us one of those huge boxes I have no idea. Apparently stocking up is more fun. 
Eventually we didn't even have the party and I don't' know what happened to those goldfish I tried to save up. I probably ate them.
Anyways that's my story. I hope it brought you a laugh
Love you IZ
Love,
Em" 
(I thought this one might make you laugh Iz)


Happy Birthday Izzy!
Thanks for always being there for me.
(see photo above)

1 comment:

  1. Em you are so sweet! I had no idea about this post until I was creeping on your blog and saw my name...in the title! Wow I couldn't believe it! And I must tell you that when I read this I could not help from laughing out loud as I read it....I tried to supress it, but it didn't work. OUT IT CAME! HAHAHA it killed me, em somehow whenever I'm with you...or in this case reminiscing about stuff we've done, I can't help but LAUGH! And I love it :) :) :) My friend andrew who is sitting next to me doing homework even peeked around to see what I was looking at/doing on my computer since I was laughing and trying not to laugh so much! haha Love you em! Couldn't have asked for a better best friend!

    ReplyDelete