Monday, June 24, 2013

Hey Ya'll

June 3, 2013
 
Hello family!!
 
How are Y'all doing today? I hope all is well! Life is as great as usual here!
It's starting to warm up be we've been so lucky because there has been a lot of wind to help us keep cool. Did I mention that they have the coolest thunder storms here? and they happen all the time! It's so much fun!
 
I can't believe I've already been out for 3 months! It's crazy! It has all gone by way too fast! I can't believe I only have 15 months left. It's so true that time on a mission is gone before you know it!
Transfers are this week but hopefully me and Sister Schellhous will both be staying here together. Sister Pingree has told us to be prepared to train just in case because I guess there are 14 English Sisters coming out this week! But I hope I'll get to stay with Sister Schellhous because we work so well together and I love being her companion.
 
We saw a lot of progress with Joan this week. We finally feel like she understands the importance of what we are teaching her. We finally got to give her the GIANT copy of the Book of Mormon that we found at the book store and so now she can start reading which I really think will be key to her being able to move forward. Like I've said before she is one of the most loving people I have ever met and i am so grateful to have the chance to spend time with her and talk about the blessings we have received from the Lord. Each day I am more and more amazed by this gospel.
 
We've really seen some great things happen since we started doing the AP's challenge to contact 10 people a day outside of tracting. A lot of our appointments this week got moved or cancelled so we did a lot of tracting and contacting. First that day we contacted Kim. She was outside her home gardening and after we introduced ourselves and talked to her for a minute she said "go ahead, teach me, I'm listening." So we started to teach her about the Restoration. She was so kind and accepting. She agreed with a lot of the things we said! We were able to give her a Book of Mormon and she was actually really interested and excited to read it. We're hoping to go back and see her either this week or the next.
 
That same day we tracted into Crystal who let us right into her home. We got to sit at her table and teach her about the Restoration as well. She had a lot of questions and we tried our best to answer them. It was amazing because normally we probably would have been at a loss as to how to answer her questions and what scriptures to use, but it was amazing how the spirit provided us with the answers we needed to give. We're hoping to go back and see her as well. She is amazing and she has great faith. It's really cool because we really could feel such a great spirit in her home!
That same day we met Alice and she was so sweet, she believes in God but she doesn't really know a lot about him so she said she would be willing to have us over so we're looking forward to getting to talk with her more.
 
Like I said a lot of our appointments fell through this week with our investigators so a lot of our time was spent contacting and tracting but it really was amazing! We were able to give out a bunch of BoMs and talk to a lot of amazing people. It's so wonderful to meet so many of God's children! It's amazing the immediate love you feel for each of them. Of course we got a lot of rejection, but we also saw a lot of kindness too.
 
With Melissa we went back to see her on Thursday and she wasn't home so we didn't get to see her which we were pretty sad about, but then on Saturday we were tracting (and we weren't anywhere near her house) but all the sudden this car pulls over and we hear someone yell "Hi girls!" we turned and saw Melissa in the car!! She told us she had been living with her in-laws for the last few days because their AC stopped working. We set up another appointment for this week! She is so awesome!
You'd think after she pulled away that we had died and gone to heaven. We knew it was no coincidence that she happened to drive by that street, and we felt so glad that she would stop the car and talk to us instead of just driving by.
 
Now for a story that had me and Sister Schellhous laughing for hours (which might sound weird after you read this because it might not be as funny for you as it was for us.) We had dinner at our Ward Mission leaders home and they have 4 little girls. After we finished dinner and our spiritual thought I was playing with one of his girls (Brook) who is 4 years old. She was admiring one of the pass-along cards with Christ on it so I gave it to her for her to keep. She was so excited. After that she started trying to tickle me so I would poke her in the stomach and she'd laugh so hard. It was great... until she threw up. But amazingly enough she caught it all on the pass-along card. She looked up at me with the saddest most sorry face. I think she felt bad for throwing up on a picture of Jesus. After a minute she told me she was going to go wash it off so i watched her walk to the kitchen and wash the card under the sink water. I was trying so hard not to laugh. (I'm going to be the worst mom) When we got to the car I told Sister Schellhous what had happened and we laughed so hard our stomachs hurt! She told me I had "poked the puke our of a little girl" Needless to say it was the hardest I've laughed in a long time and it felt so good. Moral of the story is don't poke your kids in the stomach right after they've eaten.
 
On a more spiritual note..
I love being out here. The gospel is truly amazing and I'm realizing more and more how grateful I am to have it. It's amazing how so many people think because we're so young we can't "know" what it is that we share everyday. But I can tell you I do know that this church is true. I know it with all my heart and no one can ever take my faith away from me. We've come across a few people that try to argue with us and it takes every bit of me to keep my mouth shut and let them speak. I want so badly to tell them all that I know and how I know it. But I've realized i need to be humble and testify where I can and share the love of God with others the best I can.
 
I feel so lucky to be out here and I really can't believe how fast it's going. It's amazing because I was so scared to come out and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to talk to people, especially when contacting. But it's amazing how the Lord qualifies us for the work because it's crazy to me really how easy it is to just go up to someone and begin a conversation. I never thought I could see myself walking up to people the way we do and yet here I am doing it all day long, and I love it! I love being a missionary!
 
I hope all is well and I love you all so much! Thank you for all the love and support!
 
The kingdom of God or nothing!
 
Love, Sister Gregson
 
Weird thing about Texas #5: apparently ceramic frogs or dogs in the garden is the thing to have.
speaking of frogs I accidentally stepped on one last night and it was the weirdest feeling. Luckily the frog was alright, but it gives me the creepers just thinking about it squishing around under my shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment