Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Lord Knows Where His Sheep Are!

Family Dear,
How are y'all doing?
Life is great here is Texas! It's hot but it's not as bad as I thought it would be yet! We are outside tracting a lot but we've been keeping pretty cool! It seems like whenever we start to feel real hot the Lord sends a cloud or a huge gust of wind to help us along. That or one of the people we knock on hand us a cold water bottle on the way out. People here are so nice! The other day we were sitting in the car looking at the map trying to decide where to go tracting next and a know came on our car window. This guy who lived down the street was out working on his lawn and he had seen us walking around his neighborhood so he brought us over some cold Gatorade! It was so nice! Southern hospitality is the best!
 
Houston is really cool because it has the most strange landscape I've ever seen! There are cactus because it's so hot, but then you have all the tropical plants, palm trees, and flowers because we're near the coast. Then we get all the beautiful southern flowers like the magnolia trees! But then you have all these huge forests of every kind of tree you can think of everywhere! All it's missing really is some mountains.
 
This week has been wonderful! We found a new investigator one morning while we were out contacting a street in one of our areas. Her name is Veeda (this is a different one so right now we're teaching two - Vida and Veeda). Veeda was out watering her lawn and we started talking to her and she invited us inside. She is from India and has been in America for 15 years now. She is very religious but she mentioned how she has felt fairly lost recently and doesn't feel like her prayers are being heard. We told her we could help her with that! She said whatever it is we believe it must be true because why else would such young people be out sharing their religious beliefs. What was really cool is that she told us that the day before she had been talking to her son about changing religion. She wasn't so sure about it because she is 51 and she didn't think it would make sense to change, "but" she said "I believe that you were sent to me from God." We are excited to teach her because it will be very different from our normal teaching. She is Hindu so she doesn't know who Jesus Christ is. We get to start at the very beginning! We also got her a copy of the Book of Mormon in Hindi which is really cool!
 
Another miracle happened having to do with our investigator Joel. I'm not sure if I've told you about him but we tracted into him and he has some member friends so he wanted us to come teach him. He really believes what we've taught him so far is true. But here is the miracle. So one night when we stopped by Joel's house his son Sadot answered the door (Sadot is probably about 26) He was really nice and friendly to us and I had the thought "I wish we could teach him too." After that we never saw him again because he doesn't live with Joel. Well we were out tracting and contacting the other night and you'll never guess who was outside of his house working on his car! It was Sadot! When we walked up to him he said "I know you guys!" At first we didn't recognize him so we were a bit confused and then it came and we realized it was Joel's son Sadot! We asked him if he would like to learn more a long with his dad and he said "well on Monday I'm going to go see my Dad to talk about it" so we're hoping and praying he'll want to take the lessons too! I know it was no coincidence that we found Sadot!
 
There have been many other blessings but my mind is a little to fried right now to think of them!
 
We got to watch the World Wide Leadership Training last night and it was amazing! I feel so lucky to have been able to be a part of that! The spirit was so strong throughout the entire meeting! It is truly amazing how the lord is hastening his work and not only will missionaries be accountable in moving that work forward but every member of the church will be! I hope y'all get a chance to watch it because there is so much that each of you have been called to do to help with this work. You don't have to have a call to be a missionary! Go out and do some work!
 
Every week I spend here I love it even more! The time seems to go by faster and faster every day and I'm trying to soak up and enjoy every minute. I feel so blessed to be here in Texas and in the Parkway area. I don't know how I got to be so lucky as to have the Pingree's over my mission. They are the most loving, happy, childlike, humble, Christ-like people I have ever known. Even in the short time I've known them I have learned how to be a better missionary and Daughter of God.
 
Anyways everything's great down here in the South! I hope y'all are doing well!
 
The Kingdom of God or nothing!
 
Love, Sister Gregson
 
PS Did you know that James Taylor is going to perform with the mo tab in September!!!!? You guys should definitely go, I'm so sad I won't get to see it!

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment