Friday, February 7, 2014

I LOVE the Temple!

2/3/14

How are y'all?
How is life?
 
Things here are great! We have seen many wonderful miracles this past week!
It started out so wonderfully because we were able to go to the temple again! It feels like forever since I've been there and it felt to good to walk through those temple doors again! I felt the spirit so strongly as I sat through the endowment session. I came to a greater realization of just how much this gospel really means to me. I would not betray for anything. I wish to devout my life to this gospel and to the Lord all the days of my life.
 
Life has been great in Texas!
This week we got a new investigator named Ethan. He is 21 and we received him as a referral from the MTC. Turns out he was visiting his brother in Washington not too long ago and he ran into some missionaries there. We met with him for the first time on Saturday and he is amazing! He has been through a lot. He was adopted and has had struggled with drugs and all kinds of things. The amazing thing though is that he is a very spiritual person. He is drug free now and he really just trying to find God and religion. He understands so well that because of God no matter what we've done we can pick up and press forward. We were able to share a little more about the Book of Mormon with him and had a really good discussion about God. We're planning on meeting with him again this coming Saturday! I can see so much potential in him and I'm really excited to be able to share this gospel with him.
 
We were able to meet with Rosa again this week and she is so wonderful. She has so many great questions. She is really just trying to find out what she believes right now. She has been very inspired by the love and devotion we have for our church and by the fact that we know the scriptures so well. She has the same desire for herself. She's trying to figure out why she's Catholic. -if it's because she was raised that way or because she actually believes what is being taught. That is the question she's been asking herself lately. She has been so amazed how well the Book of Mormon correlates to the Bible and she is always asking us "so what would the catholic church think about Joseph Smith (or the Book of Mormon, apostasy, or priesthood etc.). When she asks us those questions we answer her honestly. I have worked with quite a few Catholics since being out and I know a lot more about what they believe and how they view what we believe so we are honest with her about that and continue to encourage and invite her to find out for herself. It has been a really great learning experience for me and I just love Rosa so much. I know that one day she will be baptized when the time is right for her! I just hope is sooner rather than later of course :)
 
Kaylee is doing really well! I think I told you but she hasn't been coming to church lately because her mother wants her home before 2 and church gets out at 4. We've been praying and fasting that Her mother's heart will soften and that she will let Kaylee come to church and guess what?! Today she came! It was SO good to have her there. The lesson with her this week went great! We've been teaching her the standards in For Strength of Youth and she really is improving on her ability to understand this gospel and why it's important! It's great!
 
Unfortunately we haven't heard from Dorisette this week. I'm a little worried about that but hopefully I'll have some good news to report on her next week.
 
We weren't able to meet with Velma due to more "ice days" but we're meeting with her tomorrow.
 
So here in Texas it's been really cold as you know. We've had a lot of freezing rain which is really unpleasant not to mention both mine and sister Cecil's umbrellas broke this past week due to ridiculously strong wind... Don't worry mom I'm buying a new one today...
Anyways so our ward starts at 1 and yesterday morning we had a lot of visits scheduled with Less-active, former investigators, and potential investigators and by 10:30 all had cancelled or weren't home. So that left us there with nothing but freezing rain and an empty planner with every backup plan used. Well we knew what we had to do. The Lord needed us to tract until church time and so we did. Let me tell you it was cold, wet, windy, and completely miserable BUT I'll also tell you that I never felt happier than while I was out there sacrificing my own comforts for the Lords work. No one wanted to talk to us and we even had some angry Texans, unkind words, and doors slammed in our faces but as weird as it sounds it felt so good! I couldn't think of anything I would rather be doing than out serving the Lord and trying my best to share His wonderful gospel with the people of Tomball Texas. I kept thinking about something that Joseph Smith said once. At one point he was in jail and many of the saints thought he wouldn't come back alive. In a letter he wrote to them he said "we rejoice and  count ourselves lucky to be persecuted for Christ's sake." I have felt that many times on my mission when people aren't very civil to us. At first it made me want to get in the fetal position and cry my eyes out but now I think about what Joseph said. I feel so lucky and privileged to be able to be persecuted and reviled for Christ's sake. I feel so fortunate to be able to wear His name over my heart and have the chance to act as a representative of Him.
 
MISSIONS ARE THE BEST!
 
Anyways I hope that you are all having a great week! I love you so much and I am so grateful for you prayers!
 
The Kingdom of God or Nothing!
 
Love, Sister Gregson

No comments:

Post a Comment