Monday, April 22, 2013

Miracles Happen. Prayers Get Answered.

Hey y'all!
 
How is life in Utah? Good I hope! 
 
I can't believe it's already Monday! My mission has gone by so fast!
 
Boy this week has been so wonderful!
 
Tuesday was the best! We went with Marla and Gabriel (her husband who is a member) to the Houston Temple. It was such an incredible experience. At first we just walked around the grounds. Marla and Garbriel were hand in hand and I felt so strongly that someday they will come back to the temple and be married and sealed. I know that she will be such a powerful member of the church.
After we walked around we took her into the waiting room inside the temple. No one was in there so we sat there and talked with her. I can't remember all that was said, but the spirit was so strong. We were all able (including Gabriel) to bear our testimony to her in some way! She talked about how much she really enjoyed conference, and guess what? She wants to be baptized!! I wanted to cry I was so happy for her, and for Gabriel, and for her future family!
 
We told her that as we prayed about it we thought that April 28th would be a good day. We asked her and Gabriel to pray about that date together to know if that is the right thing for her to do. She agreed!!
 
I am in awe! Me and Sister Jones have been praying so hard that Heavenly Father would provide us with this miracle and it has come! I love Marla so much and I feel so blessed to have seen her grow! I know she is going to be a wonderful Mother someday and it makes me so happy that as she begins this journey that she can someday be sealed and have an eternal family. The admirable thing about her too is that she really has wanted to know for herself. She has really carefully considered everything we have taught her. She knows what she has chosen to do and because of that I know she will stick to it. I can't wait to see the blessings that will come to her. She is amazing! I feel so grateful to know her.
 
Sister Ruhlman is doing well. I love that woman! She wasn't at church because she has been sick, but hopefully she'll feel better and we'll see her at church next week!
 
So here's what's going down with our 2 potential investigators - Carlos and Debra
 
We called Carlos and he asked if he could call us back. Did he? Nope. It's so weird when things like that happen! When someone seems interested and then when you try to contact them it's like they have completely changed their minds! It's frustrating. But we will try to stop by his house sometime and see if he is still interested.
 
Then there's Debra. She is so great! We went to her house on Saturday and she let us right in. We didn't stay long because she had a bunch of family over for a party but she is so great! (Mckenna you'd love her!) She was so excited to see us! We even asked her if she wanted to come to church with us and she was so excited, but she couldn't come because of all her family who are staying with her right now. But I know she's going to want to come so we'll definitely ask her again! When we left we told her we'd come back and she said "YA PROMISE?" and of course we said yes! She has such a tender heart. Before we left we asked her if there was anything we could do for her and with tears in her eyes she said "Y'all are the nicest people I've ever met. No one's ever asked me that before. Y'all are women of God."
 
I can't wait to go back and see her. I feel like she is already my best friend! It's amazing how when you meet people on your mission it's as if you've always known them and immediately you connect with them and love them like your own family. That's how I feel about Debra.
 
Life is so good. I love being a missionary! I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ so much and I can feel how much they love all of us with every person I meet.
 
I feel so blessed to be here in Texas. I have come across some amazing people that I wouldn't have known otherwise. I feel as though every person I meet has been placed in my path by Heavenly Father (whether they are a member or not) and each person has blessed my life in some way. I feel at home here because this is where I'm supposed to be.
 
Thanks for all your love and support! Remember God loves you, and so do I!
 
Love, Sister Gregson
The Houston Temple

Sister Jones, Marla, and me at the temple.

I love to see the temple!

With the Thayer girls
 

No comments:

Post a Comment