Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It's HOT in Texas!

May 20, 2013

Dear family,

Hello!! How are y'all doing?

Life is good here in Texas! this week was amazing! It was a hard week.

We have found SO many potential investigators since being here and almost every one of them has not showed up or been home when we scheduled an appointment with them. It was starting to get really hard because we started to just expect our investigators not to show. At one point we were really low. We were talking about our goals and we just weren't sure what to change because we've both been working SO hard. We've been putting in every effort and not really seeing any success.
I knew that we needed to push through the difficult times but we have been pushing through it since we've been in this area and I guess our strength to keep pushing through was depleting. Because of the discouragement we were feeling I knew we didn't have the spirit with us and we had a lesson to teach that we were about to head out to. So we stopped and said a prayer.

I laid it all out to Heavenly Father. I told him all the reasons we felt discouraged and how tired we were of pressing on without any success. We ask for forgiveness because we knew that as missionaries we needed to have faith in the Lord and in our Investigators, and in the work. And we asked for help. We felt better as we drove to our lesson.

Here comes the miracle...

We were teaching Jerry (our new investigator) his girlfriend is a less active member of our ward but she still fully believes the gospel. The lesson was great, but little did Jerry know he answered our prayers.

At one point he started talking about his great desire to follow Christ and always follow him despite the low times and the walls that come. He talked about how God is always there for us and that we should never give up but keep on going. It was amazing, me and Sister Schellhous almost cried. We knew the Lord was answering our prayer through Jerry and it was exactly what we needed to hear.
Jerry is incredible. He has a great love and faith in the Lord. He wants to be baptized but there are a few things he has to work through first so we're doing all we can to help him.

I know the Lord heard our prayer and he knew how to help us. We've felt so much better since that experience. We're trying hard to focus on the little daily miracles and still working our hardest. We're not going to give up!

Joan is wonderful. She believes everything we say which is great, but it is also not so great because in order for her to fully be converted she has to put what we tell her to the test and find out and receive a witness if it's true. She's awesome though, she has such wonderful input and she is probably the happiest person I've ever met! We're excited to go and teach her again this week!

I think I've already told you about Lorena and Patrick. Basically they are our favorite people! She is a recent convert and Patrick is a less active member who has recently been reactivated! Lorena is Hispanic so she makes the best Mexican food I've ever eaten in my life! Plus their just hilarious so we always have a good time with them! But sadly they are moving out of the ward this week! We've been going over to teach them and also to help Lorena pull weeds so we've really come to know and love them so much.

One of the reasons I have loved me mission is because everyone I have come in contact with (that hasn't shut the door in my face) I have grown to love so much more than I ever imagined in the short time I've gotten to know them. It's strange to think I would never have met so many of them (Lorena, Patrick, Sister Ruhlman, Joan, the Thayers, Marla) if I hadn't come here. But I know these are people I'm meant to meet! They've all blessed my life in so many different ways. I've never felt so much love for others as I have since I've been on my mission. The Lord puts us where we're supposed to be and it's no coincidence that we are around the people we are with. I will always love the people I've met on my mission, even if I never get to see them again on earth. There are so many good people out there and I know there are so many more that I'm supposed to meet! I can't wait!

I'm so grateful to be out here! I don't want to be anywhere else!
I know there are good things to come and I'm going to keep pressing forward!
I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Go find someone to share the gospel with! I PROMISE you won't regret it!

Love y'all!

Love Sister Gregson

**This week at Stake conference they showed a video of all the missionaries who have gone out since Pres. Monson's announcement last October. It includes Emilee, Izzy Healy and Bailey Roquemore. You can view that here.

No comments:

Post a Comment