Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Birthday to me!

family dear!
How are you?
Thanks for the Birthday packages!
My Birthday was great! Esther Howard made me a homemade German Chocolate cake and it made me feel right at home!
Didn't you just love General Conference! It is like the greatest thing ever and I'm so sad it's already over. There were so many wonderful things said and I can't wait to go back and study their words.
So this week has been another incredible one!
 
Kaylee is a rock star! We started reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning with her and she amazed me. We read about Lehi praying for Laman and Lemuel and how Laman and Lemuel were murmuring and doubted their father. When we finished the chapter Kaylee very thoughtfully said "I feel like Lehi, I'm praying and trying to do what's right and My mom and step dad are Laman and Lemuel" Her parents haven't been very supportive of her beliefs and they often quarrel with her about it. She said that what she learned from Lehi is that she can pray for her parents.
 
Rosa is doing so well! This past week she came to the Howards home for FHE and it was incredible! We gave the Howards free reign on the topic because we wanted Rosa to hear from them instead of us. They put together a wonderful lesson. They kept Rosa involved and Rosa I think felt right at home. Their son Jonathan who recently came home from his mission in Mexico gave the lessons. He showed clips of Christ from the movie "The Testaments" and gave us a paper on which we were to write down impressions we had and questions we had. It was perfect for Rosa. After each clip he would ask us to share the impressions and it invited the spirit so strongly. At the end Rosa thanked us for inviting her to come. She mentioned that she was having a really rough day mentally, emotionally, and physically and that now all those feelings were gone. She said she felt really happy. It was incredible. I love her so much and I desire so badly for her to find the truth. Ever since I first met Rosa I had a strong feeling that I knew her before. I feel strongly that someday she will accept the message of the restored gospel.
 
We haven't been able to meet with Velma or Dorisette this week but we're scheduled to meet with them this coming week! Hopefully it works out!
 
We got another new investigator this week! Her name is Tiffany and she was an old potential investigator. It was amazing! We stopped at her home and she answered the door. We talked to her about who we were what we would share and asked her if she would like to know more and she flat out said "Yes I would!" It was one of those moments where you're kind of shocked by the "yes" response and the words "really?" almost come out of my mouth. When it's as easy as that sometimes I wonder if I'm dreaming but there really are people out there who are so prepared and Tiffany is one of those people. I'm really excited to meet with her this week!
 
We also met with another one of our new investigators whose name is Robin. She has a crazy schedule and when we stopped by she was heading out the door but she had some questions for us so we talked to her for about 15 minutes about the Book of Mormon and what sets our religion apart from others. Her response was incredible too! She thought it made so much sense that God would give us a Prophet and Apostles for our day. She believes that the Book of Mormon could be true and she is planning on reading it and praying about it. She said "You know I know that God is going to reveal his true church soon because this world needs it!" I wanted to  shout out "this is it!!!!" I'm really excited to see how things go with her too. She is another prepared person that I feel like just fell into our lap. I've just been in awe these past two weeks at the miracles we've seen because they have just come. I was working so hard and nothing was happening and now the blessings are coming and it's the most wonderful thing! Patience and endurance works!
 
I'm so grateful for the blessing of being a missionary. I love this gospel so much and I know it to be true with all my heart. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and that He lives! I know the Bible and the Book of Mormon are true. We are so blessed to have the knowledge we have! We have the great opportunity in life to share the hope we have with others! Sharing the gospel is the best! It brings more happiness to my life than I've ever known.
 
Thank you all so much for your prayers and support! I love y'all!
 
The Kingdom of God or Nothing!
Love, Sister Gregson
My new companion and me

Happy Birthday to me

Some of my favorite Sister/Hermanas 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment