Tuesday, August 6, 2013

After the Drought Comes the Storm

Family Dear,
 
How are you! Of course Chelsea was the one who got to meet Jimmer...
I look forward to hearing if she gets a golden spot on Grandma and Grandpa's fridge.
 
Life is so good.
 
This week was a crazy week.
It started out really rough. Every appointment fell through and no one was home and I could tell that Sister Hutchings was getting really discouraged. As a trainer whenever something goes wrong you feel like it's all your fault so I was trying really hard to find people we could talk to and teach. It was one of those weeks when you question your ability as a missionary and as a trainer, but whenever there is a rough spot there are always miracles that come after!
Without fail! God is so good to us! And I always remember what Dad said "Enjoy the Difficult"
 
After a very rough 2 days we had Zone Conference so we had the great opportunity to hear from President Pingree and he always says the right things. The spirit was so strong that day and it always feels so good to be in the presence of so many missionaries. We had to drive down to Tomball (my last area) for the conference and it's about an hour and half drive. But the drive is so lovely, it's all through the country so there are green fields full of blue bonnets! I got to see my old Zone and Sister Schellhous. It was so good to seen them all again, but it was so hard to leave them.
 
That night is when all the miracles began. During our conference the AP's talked about how when we receive a referral who isn't interested the Lord still sent us to them for a reason. Either there is someone on their street or someone they know who is prepared for the gospel. We that night a family we had planned to visit wasn't home so we said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to tell us where we needed to be. I had gotten a pretty strong impression so I asked Sister Hutchings if she had had any promptings. She was pretty hesitant so I told her what mine was. A few weeks prior President Pingree had given us a referral named Alicia. She seemed interested at first but has been avoiding us since. My impression was to go and visit her next door neighbor. We'd never seen him or talked to him, but because of what the AP's shared I knew that's where we needed to try. When I told that to Sister Hutchings she looked shocked and told me she had had the exact same impression. So of course we went straight there! His name is Rufino and when he opened the door he was so excited to see us, but the only problem was that he spoke Spanish. Luckily a few weeks ago Elder Myers had given Sister Schellhous and I a Spanish door approach that we could use so I was able to ask him if he would be interested in having the Spanish Missionaries come teach him more about Christ. He was so happy to accept!
 
It was such an amazing experience. I don't know how things will pan out with him, but it was a testimony to me that not only do our leaders receive revelation for our mission, but that when we act on what we learn the Lord blesses us. Also that as a companionship you truly receive inspiration for your specific area and it's important to recognize your companions thoughts as promptings from the spirit.
 
There are many other blessings we saw this week but the last one I will share it about Emili and Tony. We were finally able to meet with them again this past week and we had the great opportunity to set a baptismal date with them for August 24th. They were so happy when we asked them to be baptized on that date. Every time I have the privilege of asking that question I get that feeling of insignificance compared to what the Lord allows me to do as a missionary. That probably doesn't make sense so let me explain. There is great weight and significance in asking someone to be baptized. It's not just getting baptized, it's starting on that path that leads you to live with Heavenly Father again. As an imperfect daughter of God what right to I have to ask such an incredible question to someone? Truly I feel I don't have the right, but what is amazing is that the Lord allows us to do it anyways. He puts His trust in us, and allows us to participate in His great work. I can't express how truly grateful I am that he has allowed me to be a missionary and to help aid in his work. What I love about Heavenly Father is that he sees us for what we can become.
 
I feel so incredibly blessed to be here. I have fallen in love with the people here  and every day I feel so blessed to have met each and every one of them.
 
I love you all so much. I love this Gospel. I love Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ. The gospel it true.
 
The kingdom of God or nothing!
 
Love Sister Gregson
 
Beautiful Texas! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment