Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Don't Go Over There, They Have Black Licorice

July 15, 2013

Hola family!
 
How is life? I am so excited for Mike and Alisha! Finally the boys are coming!
Life has been so good here in Texas!
 
We've seen so many blessings this week!
 
This first is Este Jean. Este Jean is a former investigator from back in 2009. Last week we were looking through our area book and saw her teaching record so we decided to stop by her home and visit her. She welcomed us right in and we got to sit and chat with her for a bit. She mentioned that she believed that Joseph Smith had seen God the Father and Jesus Christ, but "I just couldn't give up my coffee and tea." So our first lesson with her we talked a little but about the Word of Wisdom and what she had gotten from the previous missionaries is that we didn't drink those things because we believe they mess up our brains. So we were able to reteach it to her. It was really cool because once we explained that a big part of following the WoW is obedience her entire outlook on it changed. We don't always know why the Lord gives us a commandment, but we do our best to be obedient to it. Once we explained it that way she was like "Well yeah, you've got to obey God's commandments!"
Then this past week we met with her again and the spirit was so powerful. Este Jean is so prepared! After we shared the first vision with her she said, "I feel tingly" we asked her what she thought that meant and she said "truth." It was incredible!
 
I love her so much and she's one of those investigators that from the get go i knew I was supposed to meet her. She is hilarious. You would LOVE her sense of humor! At one point we were talking about the good and the bad in the world and she was talking about being an example to her family who aren't Christians and she said "It's like i leave a little trail of chocolate kisses for them to follow that lead towards Christ." and then she said talking about the bad "Don't go over there they have black licorice, come over here to the good side we've got chocolate." I thought her analogy was spot on because I'm not much of a fan of black licorice myself. I doubt dad liked it much though.
 
One of my other favorite experiences from this week was the lesson we had with Eric and Vida. We finally were able to finish teaching them the rest of the Plan of Salvation. The spirit was so strong during the lesson and as I sat there I felt this immense peace that I only feel when I'm in the temple. It was so powerful. Eric and Vida are so prepared for this gospel. They have such great faith and I know they've felt the spirit in their home as we've gone to teach them. They too are one of those investigators that I feel like I've always known and loved.
 
I'm so grateful that I have the chance to be out here doing this work. The gospel is the best. We have transfers coming up this week and I'm not really sure what will happen. If I had my way Sister Schellhous and I would stay here in this area forever. She is the most incredible companion and I can't imagine being with anyone else. Plus our investigators right now are really progressing and I have grown to love them so much. It will be hard to leave them if I have to go. But of course the Lord knows better than I do where I need to be.
 
I feel so immensely blessed to be out here doing this work. Everyday is a joy. Missionary work is such a privilege and everyday I'm more and more amazed that Heavenly Father would allow us to be so blessed as to be able to serve missions. He is too good to us.
 
I love you all so much and I hope all is well at home!
 
The Kingdom of God or Nothing!
 
Love, Sister Gregson
Sister Schellhous

Sister Schellhous and me
 
 For YW's we made cookies and delivered them to some investigators.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment