Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Kingdom of God or Nothing!

Hey Family!
 
How's life?
 
Life is great in Texas!
This week was amazing! We had the great opportunity to go to the Temple again and it was so wonderful! I love feeling completely consumed in the peacefulness of the Temple.
 
We saw many great miracles this week!
We have a new investigator named Mari. She is so great! When we went up to her door we were originally expecting to talk with a less active in our ward, but Mari is the one who opened the door and informed us that the less active member had moved. Well we weren't going to give up that easy so we decided to introduce her to the Book of Mormon. After we got to talk to her for a time we asked if we could come back and tell her more and she agreed. Well this week we had the chance to go back and teach her the Restoration and it was incredible. She hasn't had much background with religion. She says that she's not sure there is a God, but she is not comfortable saying there isn't a God. She sees God as someone that created us but doesn't interfere with our lives, he just kind of watches on the sidelines. What's wonderful about God is that he isn't one to watch from the sidelines. He is very much involved in our day to day lives. He loves us and helps us and protects us. Every day! She is darling and I can't wait to go back and share more with her!
 
Unfortunately Emili and Tony didn't come to church yesterday. They accidentally slept through it. (tony set the alarm for 8 pm instead of 8 am, poor kid). We called and called and they didn't wake up until noon. We were so bummed because in order for them to be baptized they need to have come to church at least 3 time and they've only been twice so we had to bump their baptism to the 31st of August. Now they are more determined than ever to be baptized. They were pretty sad when they heard we had to change the date, but they are so strong and so amazing. I just can't imagine the joy that Heavenly Father feels when his children are baptized because its the first step they take that gets them closer to returning to live with Him. If Emili and Tony endure to the end Heavenly Father gets two of His children back! I bet that makes Him so happy.
 
Jaelynn is doing great! We re-taught her the Restoration this week and before we left we gave her the Young Women's theme and challenged her to read and say out loud every morning "I'm a daughter of Heavenly Father who loves me and I love Him." She is such and incredible girl. The gospel just makes sense to her. As we taught her she said "Why don't more people know about this?" My only thought is that Satan is good at what he does, he can deceive people in so many ways, but you know what? Heavenly Father is even better. He will always win. Nothing can stop His work from progressing. I am so grateful to be out here helping more people to know about this great truth!  
 
I love being in Bryan. Every day there is a moment where I know that this is where I'm supposed to be right now. We had a really tender moment with a member yesterday. She is one of my favorite members in Bryan. She was recently reactivated and has really had a hard life. Yesterday we went to visit her because something pretty tragic happened to her this past weekend. We talked to her for a time and had decided beforehand that we would sing 'Be still my Soul' to her. She loved it. Before we left she mentioned how grateful she was that we had come into her life at this time. She feels like we're some of her best friends. In every area there are those people you meet that you feel as though you have always known, and were meant to meet. She is one of those people. It always amazes me how much love I feel for people even when I've only known them for a short time. I think it is one of the greatest blessings of being a missionary. I have learned so much about loving others. It is key to missionary work, and to life as a child of God.
 
I'm so grateful for all of you! I love you all so much and I hope you are all doing well!
Don't forget that having this gospel in our lives is living with the best life we could ever know! I know that is true! I see it every day in the people I meet.
God loves you and so do I!
 
The Kingdom of God or nothing!!
 
Love, Sister Gregson

No comments:

Post a Comment