Monday, August 26, 2013

Houston We Have a Baptism!

Hey family! How's life?
I can't believe that schools already starting up again! We have college students EVERYWHERE now here in college town.
 
Tomorrow is my 6 month mark... what?! It has gone by WAY too fast I just need it to slow down a little. Transfers is this week and I can't believe I've been in Bryan for 6 weeks already! I'm pretty sure Sis Hutchings and I will stay here together at least for another 6 weeks so we can finish her training! She is doing great! Every week she improves so much! She has really started to open her mouth and I know she will be so blessed for being so courageous!
 
Life is Texas is great as usual! We've been so blessed this week!
 
Jaelynn and Tony both came to the mutual activity this week so we had the opportunity to go with them! They loved it! The ward has done such and incredible job of helping them feel welcome and invited! It's amazing to see how the youth have really stepped up! They are going to be such great missionaries.
 
We had a really great lesson with Jaelynn this week. Like I've said before she is a young girl who has been through much more than she should have at that age. She has had a hard life. This past week we gave her the talk by President Uchtdorf called "Your Happily Ever After" This is one of my favorite talks. I remember when he gave it I felt like he was speaking directly to me. I know it is the perfect counsel for Jaelynn as well and I can't wait to go back and see what she thought as she read it. I love this girl so much. She is such a loved daughter of God . He loves her so much. I feel His love for her literally serge through me every time we meet with her. Every day God helps me feel his love as we meet with the wonderful people of Texas.
 
Emily and Tony came to sacrament meeting on Sunday and they had their interviews on Saturday so they will be getting baptized on the 31st! I am so happy for them! They are so incredible. They are some of the most humble faithful people I've met on my mission so far. They put all their trust in the Lord and they want so badly to serve him in any way that they can.
 
Charles is doing really well. We had the coolest miracle on Monday night when we saw him and Mary. He still doesn't believe the church is true so we were still praying for a way to help him. He told us he had been really sick for weeks now and hadn't been able to go to work because of it. He's been in a lot of pain. Well of course when we heard that our first question for him was if he would want a Priesthood blessing. He was pretty hesitant, but as we explained it to him little more he said if we sent the Elders over they could give him one.
 
Well as we sat there I felt that we needed to get the Elders there that night, right then and there. So I asked Charles if we could call the Elders and have them come over.
 
He said not tonight maybe another night. I told him I felt strongly that he should get one tonight but he didn't want one. That didn't sit to well with me, but I didn't want to press it so we continued on with our lesson. They whole time all I could think was "This blessing needs to happen tonight" But I felt helpless about it because I didn't want to pressure Charles into it.
 
Well about 15 minutes later there was this knock on the door and Charles looked through the peep hole. I wish you could have seen the look of shock on his and Mary's face when he said "It's the Elders!" I could have given those Elders a hug I was so excited (but don't worry I didn't). Well to make this story short Charles got a blessing and it was incredible! The spirit was so strong and I was praying so hard that he would feel it. I know he felt something because of the look on his face after the Elders left.
 
The Elders told us later that they were at a light about to turn right when Elder Field randomly said "turn left." After a minute they decided to stop by Mary and Charles's  place.
Coincidence? I think not! Miracle? Without a doubt.
 
Mari is doing really well, because she is 25 we are handing her over to the Elders in the singles ward. It's sort of sad that we won't get to teach her, but the Elders are awesome and I know they'll take good care of her and for some reason or another they are the missionaries that are supposed to be teaching Mari.
 
Life is so good! I just feel so blessed. This gospel is incredible and every day I feel more and more grateful that I was able to grow up in this church. It has blessed my life in more ways than even I know. It blessed the lives of so many people who are searching for the truth. I love that what I'm sharing with people is true, pure, perfect happiness. I know this gospel is true. It is the greatest most important part of my life and I love sharing that with others.
 
I love you all so much! Thank you for the support!
 
The Kingdom of God or Nothing!
 
Love, Sister Gregson
Temple Trip
 
 Cool clouds
 
 Us with the Bryan Ward Elders at the Temple

 
 Sister Htching and I with Elder Field,who is leaving the Bryan Ward


No comments:

Post a Comment