Tuesday, August 6, 2013

White Wash Training AGAIN?!? Aye Carrumba!

July 22, 2013
 
Well so you've heard the news... I'm white wash training again! What?!
 
It has been an exciting, sad, crazy, overwhelming (in a good way) week!
 
Sister Schellhous and I were certain that one of us would leave so we were really sad the whole week. Then on Tuesday night we got the news that I'd be leaving the area. There were definitely tears shed. Not that I'm wasn't willing to go where the Lord wants me to be but because I was so sad to leave my ward, my investigators, and Sister Schellhous. I have loved the Parkway ward so much and Sister Schellhous has become one of my closest friends. I have love each of our investigators so much and it is so hard to leave them, but luckily on Wednesday night I got to say goodbye to most of them. I know they will accept this gospel someday (hopefully soon!) They are amazing people that I feel as though I've always known. I feel so blessed to have had them be a part of my life even if it was only for a short time.
 
As hard as it may be I know this is part of the Lords plan for me. I know that the new Sister in the Parkway area is needed for a reason and she is going to help our investigators so much! Sister Schellhous was nervous to train but she is so ready. She is one of the best missionaries I've ever met.
 
My new companion is Sister Hutchings from St. George Utah. She's 20 years old. She is great! She's a little shy, but there's no better cure for shyness than going on a mission!
 
As you know my new area is College Station, home of the big college campus! It's pretty exciting around here. This area is completely different from Parkway! It's HUGE! And the missionaries here call it the exile of the mission because it's the farthest away. It was an hour and a half drive from my previous area. I'm now serving in the Bryan 1st family ward (Bryan is the city). So far the ward seems really missionary oriented and they told us they've been praying for Sisters for a long time now. I feel unworthy to be an answer to their prayers but I know the Lord is going to help us. I hope I can fulfill this calling the way the Lord needs me too.
 
The ward has about 600 members but on average only 214 attend so there is A LOT of reactivating to be done. I'm starting to realize that each area is different. We've said a lot of prayers asking Heavenly Father how he wants us to specifically fulfill our work here. I keep thinking of the scripture that says "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and He shall direct they paths" I definitely need his direction right now so I'm trying to put all my trust in Him.
 
Right now we've only got a couple investigators. First there's Tony and Emili. Tony is 17 and Emili is his mother. They are great! They've been taking the discussions for about a year now and then they moved to our area so we got them as a referral. Yesterday we talked to them about baptism and they really want to be baptized. The missionaries that have taught them previously have prepared them well.
 
And our new investigator is Alicia. She is actually a referral from President Pingree and we're planning to start teaching her this week!
 
That's all I have to report for this area so far! I'm so grateful for the experiences I had while in the Parkway area, and for the people I met. It was a really hard place to leave. Some of my fondest memories of my mission will be from that area and with those people. I'm looking forward now and trying to really focus on this area. I want to keep working hard. I am grateful to be here and it's always humbling to be in the position of a trainer. Sister Hutchings is a great missionary and I can't wait to watch her grow!
This gospel is amazing. I love it more that I can express. I love being out here and serving the Lord! Everyday I feel complete and pure joy. It is a privilege to serve my Heavenly Father, and His son Jesus Christ. I hope and pray I can become the missionary the Lord wants me to be.
 
I love you all so much! Thank you for your words of encouragement and for all the prayers!
 
I hope all is well back in SLC!
 
The Kingdom of God or Nothing!
 
Love, Sister Gregson
 
PS here's my new address...
Riverstone Apartments #46
2301 Broadmoor Drive
Bryan, TX 77802
 
PS I forgot my camera cord so you won't get pics until next week.
There is a pic of Sister Hutchings and I on the Mission blog though!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment