Monday, January 13, 2014

Happiness is not only the destination, it is also the pathway

9/23/13

Oh hey family!
 
How's it going?
 
Boy this week has been incredible! We started out with our interviews with Pres. Pingree. I just love him so much. He is always way to kind to me! He told me that he trusts me more than he trusts himself. I am always humbled by his greatness and I always hope i can live up to his kind words.
 
P-day has been awesome today! Our ward mission leader (brother Lowe) and his wife drove us out to the Bluebell factory. If I haven't told you about Bluebell yet then I will now. Bluebell is the ice cream they have in the south and it is the BEST ice cream in the world. Anyways they took us on a little road trip to go tour the big ice cream factory and it was really fun. We got to drive out in the country a little bit and see all the cotton fields and longhorns.
 
We saw so many incredible miracles this week! The best was this family we just started teaching. The father (Mike) has been less-active since he was 16 years old (now he's probably in his 50's). The other week we had our ward search party where members of the ward split up into companionships and went to visit less-active members. Mike was one of the many miracles that happened that night. When the members came to his house he told them he had recently been picking up the Book of Mormon and reading it and that he had been praying for them to come! Miracle #1
Since that night he has been coming to church every week!
Well this past Thursday we went to stake correlation meeting and one of the visits they wanted Sister Hutchings and I to make that night was to Mike's home with President Chapel and Brother Henderson. Mike's wife is Baptist and they have 3 sons under the age of 18.
The fist visit we had that night with them went really well. They invited us to come back and Mike's wife said we could teach her the discussions. Miracle #2
Then on Sunday we were sitting at the back of the congregation and in walks not only Mike, but his wife and 3 boys! Sister Hutchings and I plus the bishopric could not stop smiling! We all looked like giddy fools. Miracle #4
That same day we went and taught the first discussion to their entire family and we gave each of them a Book of Mormon and invited them to read and pray. It was so amazing! Miracle #4
They are such and incredible family and I already love them so much. Mike is incredible. He wants his family to be sealed so badly and he is so steadfast in his decision to come back to church and be an example for his family.
 
Many other miracles came too! Two of the less-active women that we've been working with came to church this week! We were so happy to see them there! (Like I said we looked like giddy fools).
 
We're really starting to see so many blessing and we've met so many incredible people.
 
We had exchanges with the Hermanas this week so I was submersed in the Spanish world for a day and it was awesome and really hard too. I had to pull out all my Spanish that I learned at BYU. It was neat because I could understand about 75% of what they were saying. What was hard is that I couldn't speak back! Missionary work is hard when you can understand what people are saying but you can't respond and help them out. I wanted so badly to talk with them more personally like I can with the English members but I couldn't. It was also neat because I got to see the gift of tongues up close and personal. I was out with Hermana Stockton and she didn't know any Spanish before she came out and now she sounds like a native speaker. It is so amazing what the Lord can do for his missionaries!
 
It was also a great week because we had a huge downpour of rain for a good 24 hours! When it rains in Texas it rains hard. It's amazing!
 
I'm a little worried because transfers is coming up soon and everybody thinks I'm out. I kind of think so too.
The most difficult part of my mission so far has been leaving the areas that I've served in. Each area I go to I love more and more and it's hard to leave your companion, your investigators, and your ward. Every time I leave my area it feels like I'm saying goodbye to my family all over again. But what I always remind myself is that wherever I go it's where the Lord needs me. And who knows maybe I'll actually get to stay in an area for more than 2 transfers. :)
 
We are getting 40 new missionaries this next transfer and 27 of them are Sisters!!! It's so amazing! We went from 140 missionaries in March to 260 now in September and almost 50% of the missionaries are sisters!
 
So awesome!
 
Well I love you all so much. I know this gospel is true. I was reading a talk by Elder Uchtdorf this morning and I loved what he said... "Happiness is not only the destination, it is also the pathway." SO TRUE!
Nothing has made me more happy that this gospel. Nothing COULD ever make me more happy than this gospel. I love being a missionary and I can't believe I'm coming up on 7 months! It's weird to think that a year from now I'll be home. It's all going by WAY to fast. I'm trying to enjoy every second of everyday and absorb as much of Texas as I can.
 
I love you!
 
The Kingdom of God or Nothing!
 
Love, Sister Gregson
 
Now go out and be a missionary!




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment