Monday, January 13, 2014

Go Cougars! (Just had to add that in there)

9/9/13
Family Dear,
How are you? How is life in Utah? I so wish I could be there to see the colors of fall. In Texas the leaves just die and fall off.
 
This week has been amazing. We have seen a lot of miracles particularly with the less-active and part-member families we've been working with.
This week seemed to be the week of tragedy for our ward. We had a lot of members end up in the hospital for one reason or another. One of the less-actives we've been working with passed away. And another ones 10 year old son was diagnosed with MS. We've gone to visit each of these people who are struggling and it's amazing to see how each one of them handle the difficulty that has come differently but they all have one thing in common -They recognize that they can find hope in Christ and in the gospel. 
I love being a missionary and having the opportunity to take part in being a spiritual nurse for these people that I have grown to love like my own family. Life may be hectic but there is always solace and peace found in the sciptures and in prayer and in the love that we feel from others.
 
I read a talk recently that says, "If Christ had my opportunities what would he do?" I've thought about that question a lot. These past few weeks I have come to know Jesus Christ on a deeper level than I've ever known. I feel a connection to Him as I talk with His brothers and sisters that he gave his life for. I still can't believe I have the great opportunity to be a representative of Jesus Christ. There is no way that I could ever take his place or fill his shoes, but he lets me be a small part of his work. I love it.
 
Tony and Emily are amazing! We went to visit them this week and they had a great miracle happen. Emily has been talking to her husband about the gospel a lot and he at first would listen, but then he completely shut it out. (Sister Hutchings and I haven't been able to meet him because he doesn't live at home right now.) Well this past week we taught Emily and Tony about eternal families and getting sealed in the Temple.
Emily is the best missionary ever! Every time we teach them something new she will go and teach it to her husband. Well this past weekend he asked her if she could send the missionaries to him so that he can learn about the gospel and when he returns home he wants to be baptized, and then married in the temple. What? Emily and Tony were thrilled.
It's a testimony to me that the Lord keeps his promises. Emily was really concerned when her husband shut out the gospel, but we promised her that as she acted in faith his heart would be softened and someday they will be able to be together as a family sealed for eternity. She had faith in the promise and they've seen miracles with him ever since.
 
I'm so grateful to be a missionary. I love the people in Bryan so much. I love being able to share hope and love with others everyday! I love that every ounce of effort goes into helping others other than myself. It is a good feeling.
 
I hope all is well at home! Love you lots!
 
The Kingdom of God or Nothing!
 
Love, Sister Gregson

No comments:

Post a Comment